E-mail this page:

Bookmark and Share

Did this site help you?

Would you please help us?

We have partnered with Amazon.com.

If you bookmark the link below, and use it the next time you shop at Amazon, they will make a small donation to us!

HomeSaver Advance Program

How does this program help me?

This program is designed to give you a small loan to bring your mortgage current if you have fallen behind. Many people have suffered a temporary job loss, death in the family, divorce, etc. Once someone starts falling behind it can be difficult to catch up. This program is designed to address that need by giving you a small loan to catch up on past due payments and penalties. The loan is paid back over 15 years. In addition, for the first 6 months there are no payments or interest.

Who should I contact?

Only your servicer can do this program. Your servicer is the company you mail your monthly mortgage payments to. Get out your monthly mortgage statement and call the customer service number on it. Ask to apply for the HomeSaver Advance Program. It is often their "loss mitigation" department that handles these types of programs so they might transfer your call there. Just so you are aware, it is the law that they participate in the program!

What should I expect?

Be prepared to be persistent. Since this program can only be done by your servicer you are relying on the knowledge of the person that answers the phone. If they don't know what the program is ask to speak to a supervisor.

Once you have the right person be prepared to explain the situation and how it will change for the better. You will probably be asked to provide some personal financial documents and an explanation, or "hardhip" letter. Be sure to check out our resources section for a list of financial documents to get together.